Devoe, Don L.
MEMS and microfluidic systems.
In 1997 he joined the University of Maryland, College Park, where he is currently a Professor of Mechanical Engineering with and an Affiliate Faculty in the departments of Bioengineering and Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering. His research interests include MEMS and microfluidic systems. Dr. DeVoe has published over sixty journal articles and five book chapters in these fields, and is a recipient of the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers from the National Science Foundation for advances in microsystems technology. He is an Associate Editor for the Journal of MicroElectroMechanical Systems (J. MEMS) and has served on the editorial boards of Sensor Letters and the Journal Clinical Bioinformatic Science. He is a member of ASME, IEEE and ACS.
- B.S. and M.S. degrees from the University of Maryland, College Park
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1997
Honors and Awards
- NSF Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (2000)
- NSF CAREER Award (1999)
- Member - ASME, IEEE and ACS
- Associate Editor - Journal of MicroElectroMechanical Systems (J. MEMS)
- J. Liu, C.F. Chen, C.W. Tsao, C.C. Chang, C.-C. Chu, D.L. DeVoe, "Polymer microchips integrating solid-phase extraction and high- performance liquid chromatography using reversed-phase polymethacrylate monoliths," Anal. Chem., 81, 2545-2554, 2009.
- S. Yang, J. Liu, C.S. Lee, D.L. DeVoe, "Microfluidic 2-D PAGE using multifunctional in-situ polyacrylaminde gels and discontinuous buffers," Lab Chip, 9, 592-599, 2009.
- C.-W. Tsao, D.L. DeVoe "Bonding of thermoplastic microfluidics," Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 6, 1-16, 2008.
- C.F. Chen, J. Liu, L. Hromada, C.W. Tsao, C.C. Chang, D.L. DeVoe , "High-pressure needle interface for thermoplastic microfluidics," Lab Chip, 9, 50-55, 2008.
- S. Yang, J. Liu, D.L. DeVoe, "Optimization of sample transfer in two- dimensional microfluidic separation systems," Lab Chip, 8, 1145-1152, 2008.
- A. Jahn, J. Reiner, W. Vreeland, D.L. DeVoe, L. Locascio, M. Gaitan, "Preparation of nanoparticles by continuous-flow microfluidics," J. Nanoparticle Research, 10, 925-934, 2008.